Friday, August 13, 2010

Jo is Struggling in Grant Park

I am REALLY STRUGGLING this CAMP! The HEAT has got me BEAT!!! I have missed several 4 sessions in 3 weeks, but 2 were beyond my control. It is hard to breathe and my body just can't adjust to the heat! I was talking with Lindsay and Bwaa last night and telling them I should have taken this camp off! The sun has me drained and I fell that I can't move or do the things that I was able to do before. I can't even run my warm up lap now! I am still pushing and trying to work hard, but I'm in SLOW MOTION. It takes me twice as long to do a workout that I should be doing with a breeze. Each night when I leave camp, I SMELL the fitness and I STINK!!!

I must say that other campers are REALLY encouraging me and pushing me along the way!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Jo

3 comments:

  1. Jo,

    Don't think you are alone in this battle. It's hot!! All of us are moving slower. Just keep moving and good things will keep happening for you. Don't let that inside voice control you. As Lindsay and I were saying. If you take off now then it's that much easier to back slide to where you were six months ago. That isn't going to happen. You are going to keep up the good fight, get through this camp and love it when the weather turns cool during the next camp. The next camp is my Favorite. September/October normally brings some relief from the Head/Humidity... Keep it up Jo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    I hear you loud and clear. The last few days have been really hard. Some things to remember is that this is week 5 so some relief is around the corner. Also, the air quality has been really bad the last couple of days which makes everything hard for me. Also, the weather should get better soon. I'm always amazed when fall comes around how much my endurance has improved by working out (safely) through the heat.

    Your friend in exhaustion and sweat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anatol, I LOVE the POST!!!! I am going to keep pushing and I am back on track now. Thanks SOOO MUCH for ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT that you have given me at camp and the high 5 when we pass each other in doing our favorite activity running(LOL!!) and being my partner though various partner exercises.

    Your friend in exhaustion and sweat(I LOVE IT!!)

    JO

    ReplyDelete