Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First day of FitWit @ Grant Park

I made it through my first fitness camp at FitWit! Before camp started, I got a chance to meet many vets that have been doing FitWit over a year and on camper, Dawn, has been with FitWit for four years. Many shared their story and how FitWit has changed their life. It makes me EXCITED, because I know that I will be able to share my story with others one day. Camp started with a jog and then Josh took the newbies to the side and went into detail the correct format for various exercises that we will be doing for the next 6 weeks. Some of the exercises he modified for me. For example, I did push ups on the wall instead of on the floor and I squatted to a chair. Squatting to the chair was to make sure that my format was correct. He stressed the importance of formats so we would get the most out of the workouts and too reduce injuries. The vets yelled encouragement to the newbies throughout the hour and clapped when we made it through the hour. At the end, they welcomed us to the family and encouraged us to keep up the HARD WORK!

I am not sore yet, but I know that it is coming. I took some Aleve a few hours before and will take some before bed.

Stay tuned for more details on my journey with FitWit………..





JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment