Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grant Park Smells like FITNESS

This week the HEAT is on and I SMELL the fitness in Grant Park. I was out of town in training for work on Monday and Tuesday was my first day back to working out in a few days. It wasn't as bad as I thought with me taking some days off. It was NOT in my best interest to take days off. Mother's Day weekend was GREAT and I ate TOOO much CAKE!! Yes, JO fell off the wagon for a few days and boy am I paying for it NOW. I have to work even HARDER to get those few extra pounds off. It takes a week to work off one and 2 mins to gain it! That is behind me and I am forwarding and realizing that we all make a few mistakes....I just need to learn from it and move on.

Thursday night in Grant Park was FUN(only if you see the smile on my face). I am still trying to get use to being at Grant Park and still struggle a bit to keep up with the group. I think that my problem starts when we go up hills and my pace seems to be VERY SLOW. I was pushing myself to stay somewhat close to the group but when we left the playground...I was FAR behind. I need to start jogging more and not just around the track. I need my body to get use to the going up and down hills and to keep pushing. Carla, has REALLY been a GREAT INSPIRATION to me this camp and keeps me motivated. She was my partner on Thursday and Friday and we partner well together. I fell comfortable with her and she pushes me to keep moving. I still get a bit nervous when we are paired up and don't get the chance to pick. I just think that I am going to be with a VERY COMPETITIVE person and they will get upset if we are not the WINNERS or feel that I am not pulling my share. Josh really pushed me on Friday and it feels GOOD to know that someone really CARES.

I am really enjoying FITWIT and I can't believe that this camp is almost OVER!!! Week 6 ....HERE we COME!!!

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment