Saturday, February 13, 2010

Decatur: End of Camp Workout!

Wow. I can't believe six weeks went by this fast. I can't believe how far I've come from the first workout. I came to FitWit scared and excited. I was terrified that I wasn't going to be able to do it. Kicked out on account of fat. After that first day, I saw how silly I was to be scared. It was such a supportive and encouraging environment. The trainers worked with me, I got modifications on the spot before the injuries happened or got worse. I kept apologizing for not being able to do the exercises properly. I was promptly told, no apologies. Do what you can. You'll get better. Even though, at the time I didn't quite believe them.

Boy, I sure do now! Not only did I get OUT of some of the modifications, (regular burpees, anyone? Heck yeah, me!) I got better. I got faster. I got to heavier weights. I got to more reps. And really, through most of the camp, I didn't quite believe I'd get better. When we started repeating workouts and comparing times, I saw it. I saw that I was getting better, faster. That first workout where I really saw an improvement was Kristie. I never felt so accomplished than I did that day. I shaved a whole seven minutes off my previous time. I WAS getting stronger. (And I am now thoroughly convinced that I can kick my husband's butt in just about any exercise.)

It was last workout of the camp, which means assessment time again. Now I was going to be able to see exactly how much change there was from that very first day. Newbies only had to go for 60 seconds on each exercise (thank goodness!).

Here's the breakdown from the first camp. January 4th. Pushups/Sit-ups/Squats

Anda T 16/18/15

And here's the proof that FitWit is awesome. Here's the breakdown for the camp on Feb 12th.

Anda T 35/26/35

That's right. I darn near doubled my counts after 6 weeks. I'm still going to have to work on sit-ups, but hey, it's still nothing to sneeze at. And not that it's an excuse, Emily was making me laugh during the exercise. It's REALLY hard to sit-up and laugh at the same time. Really. Try it. I dare you.

I decided to go ahead and get my measurements done after camp, just to see what else was different. (I love that instant gratification!) I lost 8 pounds over the six weeks, lost nearly 6 inches off my waist and at least 1 inch everywhere else. I was shrinking! SHRINKING! I could've floated home after seeing those numbers.

Not only did I get better, stronger and faster after six weeks of FitWit; I got smaller. Small enough to shrink a couple of jean sizes, as I later confirmed that day.

Camp #2, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment