Friday, February 5, 2010

OMG week 5 is over @ Grant Park

Here are a few pictures that Trevor took that I would like to share. He took the first picture and it looks like I was about to die....LOL!!! I was doing dips on that photo......Trevor loves to take pictures when we are looking our best and it shows that we REALLY work at FitWit!





Can you believe that week 5 is over? I can't! It seems like me just started.......I guess that what happens when you are having fun. I have made it to all classes and plan to make the last 4 of this session.

This week I made some progress that I am proud of it and wanna share. Well, we repeated "The Kristie" from week 2. For those of you who can't remember "The Kristie"is
4 rounds –
400m run
50 Lunges (total) – hands interlocking
30 Wall Ball
20 Kettle bell swing
15 Rows
10 Push-up Burpees

In week 2, I was able to complete 2 rounds with modifications. I know that I did only 25 squats per round and I sub push-up burpees for 25 jumping jacks. It took me 34.35. This week we did the same workout and I was able to do it w/o modification just sub the burpees for the 25 jumping jacks and it only took me 34.12. YEAH!! I did it in less time and 50 more lunges. For the rows this week, Trevor had me to do 10 since I held them for 5 secs each. I have made progress..............

Today(Friday) was 80's night, I had on my wig with pony tail to the side, big shirt tied on the side, my socks over my legging. I had on my wig for about 10 mins and then it was getting toooo HOT! I had to take it off to get my workout on. I am going to post a few pictures tomorrow of me in my wig with the high teased bangs........they would not stay b/c I did not have any hairspray. The 80's workout was a bit of a challenge. It seems that once we got on the floor it was time to stand back up. A camper dressed as Richard Simmons and I feel like I was 'Sweatin' in the Oldies'. I learned how to jump rope and next camp....Jo will be ready!! It was great to listen to music that I jammed to when I was a little girl. I think that I need to make me a playlist of some of those songs. Who remembers New Kids on the Block? I do! MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Guns and Roses, New Edition........I think that my list could go on and on.

On another note, just wanted to share with you some things going on in my family. Diamond had a dr appt today and it went GREAT!!! Her dr was proud of her for ALL the work that we have put in over the past 3 1/2 months. I am proud to say that she gained only a pound and grew 1 1/2 taller. On her previous visit she gained about 7-8lbs. Some of it was due to medication that she was taken but we did a 180 turn. She is excited about her dance classes and the progress that she has made. I am proud of my BABY!! My boyfriend, Ian, has jumped aboard and decided that he needs to get in better shape and lose weight as well. He is diabetic and fell off the wagon for a while. He started to workout some with me but he was not motivated. I think that he was joining me b/c she was tired of hearing me nag....and wanted to do it to shut my mouth. He was supportive but just did not want to workout with me all the time. It is hard since he works nights...We are like night and day. Well, the light bulb finally came on and he decided that he is going to do what it takes. He weighed in tonight and lost 9lbs this week. It took me a month to lose 10lbs. He decided to detox and he still have 2 more days. WAY TO GO!!! I will weigh in tomorrow. According to my scale, I have lost but I like to report my weight from Weight Watchers. I am planning to attend the 6:45am meeting, so I will have to post my success.

I purchased an outfit several months ago b/c it was on clearance for $10, but one thing......it was too little....they did not have my size and I knew that it was too good of a deal to pass by, so I bought it. Now, I know that I am not the only person that has purchased something and made a pack that they would get into it by a certain date......sometimes it might get lost in the closet......... but this one didn't. Lets be honest....... I was able to wear to work on Wednesday and got some many compliments. I had a dental appt and my dentist even told me that my outfit looked good on me. To be honest, I can't see the weight loss and I can only tell it if I put on something that is a smaller size or when others tell me. I often look at old pictures and I can see the difference in my face, but looking in the mirror....I just can't tell

Well, I hope to see all of you at the bowling social tomorrow......I took bowling in college and thought that it was an easy "A"..........I guess that is what I get for thinking........

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment