Saturday, February 27, 2010

Newbie Status is Over in Grant Park






I can't believe that we finished with week 1. Well, the newbie status is over and I'm running with the Big Dogs(Vets)! The first night of camp for me was hard, because I was not as active as I wanted to be on my week off. I was trying to caught up on some many things and did not workout like I planned. I was still tracking what I ate and was proud of myself. I did have a few things on my weekend getaway that I could have lived without.....but I am only human and ate several pieces of cake over the weekend in Gatlinburg, TN. I am still struggling with seeing process that I made and can only tell by looking back at old pictures. Since I started my journey, I have lost about 45 pounds. I really don't have a goal weight that I want to achieve, but I have an image. Once, I reach that image then I will work hard to maintain it.

Friday night was HARD! My workout was modified from the 100 burpees, but I did 25 mountain climbers per leg and 25 step ups per leg. I had to work for 10 minutes straight......toward the end I was really getting slow and it felt like I could not hold up my body. The floor exercise was a bit intense after the first part. My leg felt like it was on FIRE!!! All I remember is the Bwaa and Lindsay saying that we are working on our "Summer bootays"......LOL!!! The team exercise was FUN!!! I really had FUN and was able to connect with several vets and newbies. Jodi, my co-worker, was on my team. She attended bring a friend to camp with me several weeks ago and I am EXCITED that she will be working out with me this camp. I LOVE JACK!!! He is always there to encourage me even when he is across the room. I was worried that he was not coming back when I didn't see him the first couple of camps. I was EXCITED when he came back on Thursday. I feel like FitWit is my family and we have a common goal of getting in shape/staying in shape so that we can live longer.

I am excited about week 2. Here are a few pictures that I wanted to post. I did my measurements on Friday and I will let you know all of my results at the end of this 6 weeks camp.

Remember to "Make an Effort and NOT an EXCUSE"

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment