Saturday, February 13, 2010

That D*** SNOW!!!......I MISSED my LAST NIGHT @ Grant Park


I could not make my last night of camp and was upset because I was not 100% for the six week. I left my house and they were closing roads and my car was sliding a little bit too much for me and I felt unsafe. I took these pictures of all the snow when I was driving back to home. I was upset and in a bad mood b/c I could not get there. It was my goal to be there every night and this was the only night that I missed. I was looking forward to redoing the exercises from night one so that I can see the progress that I made during the six week. I am going to see if I can redo them the first night of the next camp, so that I can see my improvements.

Mid way through the camp, I decided that I was not going to read the workouts prior to going. Sometimes the knowledge was too much for me and I would think about it too much. It was better for me to find out at camp and work it out!!! On Thursday night, I got to camp and Bwaa let me in and we were chatting about camp and the workout. He said are you ready for tonight? I was like.......ummmmm......are we doing a lot of running?....he smile and I knew that we were doing the Victoria. Running is just something that I am getting use to and it is not my favorite. Many campers said that they thought about not coming because of "Victoria", but at the end we ALL MADE it through. I even did some of my push-ups not on the wall. My arms were on FIRE!!!! I was able to knock her out (Victoria) and I didn't have to crawl out of my car or up the steps when I got home. That was proof that I have changed since the first time we did the Victoria. It wasn't that bad the second time around.

I really enjoyed my first camp at FitWit and excited about the next one. I feel that I have grown so much and that I have progressed throughout the past 6 wks. I was able to met several goals that I set for myself. I was able to jog one lap. I was able to run the entire 17 touch drill. The entire camp was cheering me on and I made it in 2.21! Just to think that I was able to keep jogging non stop for 2.21. GO ME!!!! GO ME!!! GO GE!!!!!

I just want to THANK all of the vets and newbies that gave me support during my first camp at FitWit. I came in with some doubt in myself and yall helped me to get through it. It was truly a blessing to be in camp with a GREAT group of people that would keep me going and encourage me as they would pass by. All my partners and groups that I was in for allowing me to feel like a member and pushing me and not being upset with me if we did not win. Special thanks to the trainers for all the encouragement and taking the time to show me things at a slower pace and not allowing me to say that I couldn't do. I can even jump rope now!!! Lastly to Josh, for having this contest and putting in all of your handwork and time into FitWit. I can tell that you are passionate about what you do. This experience has changed my life in just 6 wks.....I can only image.....what it is going to be like at the end of 6 months. THANKS A MILLION!!!!


JCE
Make an Effort and Not an Excuse




No comments:

Post a Comment