Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Break is almost OVER in Grant Park

Well, my week off is almost over. I have enjoyed my break, but I really miss camp. I have been active this week and doing more than I did on my last break. I know that I have not burned or even came close to the amount of calories that I would burn during a FitWit session. It is much harder to do a FitWit exercise on my own. I have been walking this week and watching what I am eating.

My sorority sister, Jennifer, and I have teamed up to give each other support as we continue our journey of weight loss and becoming healthier. I wanted to start the next camp in a different weight range of number and I have been struggling with wanting to eat sweets. I know that if I want to reach this goal then I don't need be eating cookies, cakes, ice cream.....you get the picture. So, Jenn and I are gave up sweets for 2 weeks and limiting the amount thereafter. We are holding each other accountable for decisions that we make on our eating choices. I will admit that I almost became a victim of a chocolate molten cake from Chilli's but I was STRONG with the help of Jenn! I sent Jenn a picture message and she replied back and gave me that extra push that I needed. Thanks Jenn!

Diamond went to work with me over her spring break from school. She really enjoys coming into the office to preform her job as the paper shredder and putting away the mail. Well, one day we were in my office doing some school work. A co worker came by with some homemade cookies that looked to be soft and chewy. She asked if we wanted one not knowing that we gave up sweets. Diamond was the first to say NO THANKS!!! I was going to allow her to have one, but she wanted to be like her mommy and go without having one. I gave Diamond a hug and told her that I was proud of her for making a healthier decision and then offered her some fruit. She was just fine and did not think anymore about those cookies........until the extras were sitting on the conference room table the next day and she had to pass by them when going to the bathroom. She was telling Jenn about the cookies and describing them.....just from me listening, I thought that I was taking a bite...LOL! Diamond is doing a GREAT job on her journey and HELPS me when I am about to make a decision that could be better. Thanks Moo-moo!(her nickname)

Goals for next camp
-Do my homework and that will allow me to workout 5 days instead of 4 days
-Increase my intake of water
-Perfect attendance again(I have only missed 2 day since I started in Jan and the night I missed was due to the snow and not being able to leave my house)
-Work and push hard each camp session
-Give more words of encouragement/cheer for other camper(It really helps when someone is cheering you on and pushing you when you think that you can't do something. I need to return more to other campers)
-Log EVERYTHING that I eat for 6wks and journal my personal feelings

I am ready for the next camp.........Let the FUN BEGIN!!!!


JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment