Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tough Week in Grant Park

This week was a tough week for me and Friday was not a FUN FRIDAY!! I almost had a mental cleansing aka melt down to get me through the Mary Mary. I need someone to tell me about Mary! What camp did she attend? Still with FitWit? Mary, I would love to meet you since I've met Ruth and Victoria. Hopefully, at the end of camp I will be able to defeat you instead of you getting the best of me.........

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary:

50 Overhead bar lunge steps – 25 down, 25 back
50 Overhead bar squats or hands behind head squats
25 Dips
15 push-up burpees (I did a few burpees and then 15 push-ups and 15 jumping jacks for the modification)
3 rounds and then finish with an 800 m run.

I was able to complete 2 rounds and jogged about 300m and sped walk the rest of the 800m. This week has been a BUSY week for me with work, volunteering at my daughters school and preparing for a 8th Annual King and Queen program for the visually impaired. I've helped them to get various things together for the program today(Saturday) and will be the narrator for program. They have truly inspired me and I feel that I should not complain about the simple things and ALL the things that I take for granted. I have gotten my focus and drive back and know that I have to work hard despite feeling tired. I just feel burnt out! Keeping positive thoughts are the main thing that helps me to get through a workout. I think that my positive thoughts were fading my the second and Lindsey was there trying to keep me motivate. THANKS CHICA! I just felt like my fitness level from this week was lower than any other week at FitWit.

I am doing my homework this afternoon and will continue my 5 workout sessions per week. I am still striving to meet my short term goal and want to have it done my the end of the week.

Well, we are almost 1/2 way through the camp and I wonder what week 3 will bring.....I guess that we have to wait and see.

Have a Great Day and THANKS for taking the TIME to read MY BLOG!!!

JCE

1 comment:

  1. congratulations, and although you may not believe it, you have triumphed over the mary-mary and lived to tell about it! (in reality, mary is a very sweet lady...)

    ReplyDelete