Friday, April 16, 2010

Decatur: End of Week 1.

Whew! What a great first week. I thought I was taking it easy, but my body says differently. Maybe it's the switch to an all morning camp, maybe it's that I'm really trying to focus on form and weight. Either way, I am sore! I haven't been this sore since the beginning!

This camp I really wanted to focus on increasing the weights that I'm using and not focusing on the counts so much. I had that chance today with the Gimme 10 AMRAP workout. Unfortunately, it's also the very first time I've had to cut out of a FitWit session early. (Silly meetings, don't they know I have fitness to do!?)

Here's the breakdown:
“Gimme 10”
20-min AMRAP
Run 100m (50m shuttle run forward and back)
10 clapping pushups (15 if on knees) (newbies do regular pushups)
10 broad jumps
10 rows
10 KB 1-arm Thrusters (5 each arm)

3-man team game (exerciser-runner-rester)
Runner to 40 total mtn climbers
Exercises on white board for team to complete – 100 sit-ups, 100 superman, 50 burpees

Because of said cutting out early, I did not get to the 3-man team part, but I did manage to get 3.1 rounds of Gimme 10. I actually got some air on the clapping pushups, too. No clap, but I did get off the group. (By the way, those suckers are hard on your wrists if you come down too hard. I have to learn some control on those. Maybe it's time for a Wednesday practice session.)

My ankle is still giving me some serious trouble since last camp when I fell on it. It's just not strong enough to handle jumps and sometimes even power walking will trigger it. I've got to be better about taking care of it and keeping it rested. It's very frustrating to not be able to have the full range of movement on it.

So, week one is complete and now we get to move to the tough workouts. I've got an awesome crew at 7am and I'm looking forward to getting fit with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment