Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Already?...Week 3 @ Grant Park

It is true when you hear someone says, "Time flies when you are having FUN". I am having fun and enjoying every minute of it(except when Josh is counting...LOL!!) (Josh it is a JOKE!). I am starting to hate long weekends. I must admit that I was loving the time at home and relaxing, but when you are laying around like a bump on the log then it shows the next day you return to camp. I feel like I had to wake up my body up all over again. My legs did not want to move or lift. I had to give myself a mental pep talk and push a bit harder. Trevor (trainer) really helped me out tonight. He modified the abs portion of the workout and challenging me to get my legs up about 6 inches and act as if I was riding at bike. He challenged me for 5 secs at time. I was able to do it for 4 seconds, but I know that is something that I need to work on and will start trying each night for a minute or two. We finished our workout with a floor exercise and at this point I was drenched with sweat, tried, out of breath, and trying to count down the secs until we were finished. I thought that I was hallucinating when I was hearing someone chanting...Jo...Jo....Jo...Jo....Jo.... then I realized it was Stacy. Just to look over there and see her working hard was motivation enough to get me through the last couple of minutes. Stacy is one of the reasons that I am HERE at FitWit. She is my co worker and told me about the contest and encouraged me to enter. I must admit that it helps when others believe in you and encourage you to strive for goal that you have expressed that you want to achieve. As I sit here with tears running down my face, I know that I can finish this journey that I have started. Some days are harder than others and I doubt myself at times, but having a strong support team helps. My co workers at Atlanta Legal Aid (DR unit) are the BEST!!!! They listen to me countless hours during the week as I tell them about FitWit and my experiences on the journey. Megan(6am camper and the other reason that I am HERE) always gives me words of wisdom and encouraging words. We share about our aches and pains from camp and she always listens. Thanks Megan!!! I have gotten several co workers to join me on this journey and I'm encouraging them to come out and take the FitWit challenge. We will see if I get them to come to bring a friend to camp day!

Well.....it is 2:51 am and I need to go back to bed! I am planning on attending 6 am camp on Thursday morning, so check back and I will tell you about my experience.

JCE

4 comments:

  1. Girl you better get into bed if you plan on working out at 6:00am tomorrow.. You need your rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at camp Wed night! Missed you tonight but hopefully I'll see you tomorrow for SPRINTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your recaps! They make me reflect on my own journey and see how awesome it is! And even after 2 years of FitWit... I also have to wake my body up after a long weekend - so you are never alone in that struggle! You're doing great, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! I like to get feed back and know that someone is reading my journey. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

    ReplyDelete