Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3 @ Grant Park

OMG!!!! Can you say SORE! I am moving in slow motion. It seems like the warm up has gotten intense as the week as went on. I challenged myself and worked hard tonight. Special thanks to Tina, a vet, that was by my side and kept me going. We even jogged together and she did not let me slow up for a moment. THANKS TINA!!! Trevor made the superman look EASY as he did about 10 of them to show us newbies how they were done. Think again, it was a bit harder especially when you are using muscles that you normally don't use, but when I got into my grove it was on and popping! :-) Rebecca (trainer)was very encouraging as I was doing my spidermans and superman. She even made a modifications for me as when I needed it. I did a lot of jogging in the first session and I'm challenging myself to jog a complete lap and I am pushing a bit further each time. Hopefully, I will be there in the next couple of weeks, but at the end I still able to complete each workout. Josh and Amy had us set up in 5 stations for 1 min for a total of 15 mins. Doesn't sound like much huh?! Think again.....remember I told you that those seconds seems like minutes. I can still hear Josh say, "Way to go Jo" and challenging me those last few seconds and pushing it the end.

Overall, I had FUN!! I feel apart of the family and I know that I have to work for the next 6 months and nothing is going to come without pain..No Pain! No Gain!

If you are reading this blog and not apart of FitWit then you are really missing out. If you want to get healthy and be in an environment with positive trainers that are going to push you and encourage you to do your best then FitWit is the place for you. Getting in shape is something that doesn't happen overnight. It take HARD work and dedication. It took we a while to get on this path and I looking forward and not backwards. I can sit here and think of million reason why I am overweight and didn't do it before now. On the other hand, I can think of a million reasons why I desire to change all those old habits and make getting in shape and living a healthy and happy life. I have made short and long term goals for myself and encourage you to do the same.

My quote of the day is "A man that falls down gets up faster than a man who lies down"
-Unknown

Please feel free to ask me any questions or make comments to my postings.

JCE

2 comments:

  1. Joquita... you are doing an amazing job, and are an inspiration to all. I consider myself lucky to be a fellow newbie with you. Day 4... bring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think that the newbie treatment is over and we right along with the vets. I am glad that I am around others that are pushing me to achieve my goal. We made it through week #1 and 5 more to go! Day 4 was tough, but at the end we were still breathing! See ya on Monday!

    ReplyDelete