Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pain, pain go away...come again another day.....(JCE)

I am still moving in slow motion. It hurts to stand up, sit down or climb steps. I think that this is the longest time that I have had pain. I am thinking that it is related to me sitting for 3 days and not moving for 8+ hours while getting my hair done. Hopefully, the pain will go away and I will be back to normal in a few days.

Well, my journey with Sisterlocks have started and I'm EXCITED!!! After almost 24 hours of sitting, Now, I just have to wait for them to grow. I am in the short phase now, but you will see the changes as they come. I am going to post pictures monthly so you that you can follow my Sisterlock journey as well. It feels great to be natural and not have to worry about the daily stresses of hair. I am excited about the freedom that I am about to experience for the rest of my life.

Today, I got so many compliments at church that it made me feel GREAT and know that my hard work is paying off. My church is starting a health and wellness ministry and I am going to be apart. I think that it will allow me to stay focused on my journey. One issue that I have is stepping out of the box when it comes to trying new foods. It seems that I am hesitant when it comes to new things. For example, my Sisterlock consultant eats a only raw food. She made a dish and I was SCARED to try it. I didn't want to try it because I did not know what it was. After a few minutes, I tried it and it was OK and she then told me what is was. I was eating something like tuna/chicken salad, but it was made out of carrot pulp, veggie mayo and some pickles(or similar). I don't think that it would be my choice for a sandwich but it was OK. I am going to challenge myself to start trying new things more often.

We made it 31 days without Soda!!!! Diamond even made several GREAT choices this weekend and I am PROUD of her. While at her Girl Scout meeting they were having soda and she drank water instead. Her dad took her out for the afternoon on Saturday and they had Subway instead of McDonald's My work at home is paying off and she can make better choices when I'm not around. Her dad, Stephan, told me that she gives him advice on his food and tries to get him to make better choices. WAY TO GO DIAMOND!!!

Well, I better get into bed.....5:45 comes fast....I will write more tomorrow and let you know if some of this pain has went away.

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment