Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 2 @ Grant Park

Week 2 was a BLAST!!!! Each day offered something NEW and EXCITING! I learned another form of counting. This form is used byJosh and when he says you have 15 more seconds then it really means 60 seconds, or one more round really means 2 or 3. LOL!!!! I thought that I was the only one that thought seconds seemed like minutes until the vets talked about being on "Josh central timing". Thursday was workout with a "buddy". My "buddy" was a bar that I could not put down for the entire session and held it throughout my workout. On Thursday, I reached a personal goal that I set for myself, I was able to jog the entire warm up lap! I am excited about my progress in a short period of time. I had SOOO much fun on Friday. We did a team race and my team, team #1, WON!!!! I was a bit nervous about doing a team exercise, because I am not the fastest and did not want anyone on my team to get upset with me for moving a bit slower or us not winning. OMG!!! It was FUN and my fear went out the window. My team was VERY encouraging and we motivated each other. I worked hard to help my team and we WON!! I can't say it enough......FitWit feels like family and I look forward to each night.

On Tuesday, I attend a nutritional class that was full of valuable information. I learned lots of information and it was different from my current Weight Watchers plan. I talked to Josh a bit b/c I was feeling overwhelmed with continuing with WW or changing. We decided that I would continue with WW. I have been tracking my points and staying within my allowed points. This week I lost 5 lbs(total 6.8). I will admit that I was getting upset because I did not see a big number on the scale last week, I felt that I was eating right and working out hard. I had to remind myself that it is not all about the scale and that some weeks are better than others. I am able to jog a lap or do 15 sit-ups........that is something that was a challenge for me just a week ago. Just think......what is going to happen next month?............I maybe able to do the Victoria without wanting to cry.....LOL!

My daughter, Diamond, will be taking classes at Dance 411! She took a Hip Hop class this morning and had fun! It was a great way to get her moving for an hour without her thinking about exercise. My mom is even going to take a class on Tuesday night. I am thankful for Dance 411 for sponsoring FitWit and for FitWit being able to use Dance 411 on the snow day which allowed me to go into the studio. I was able to find out all the classes that they offered for children and adults. Now, they have 2 new students.

Today, I had an appointment to get my test locks put in for my Sisterlocks. I will have them installed in just a few weeks. I will be cutting several inches off my hair and will have a baby Afro. The process takes 3 days to complete and I have expressed to my consultant that she has to have me out on time to attend FitWit. I will be sitting for 10 hours for 3 days and on the last day could be a bit longer. I should have about 400-450 locks when she is done!


We will have camp next week on Tuesday-Friday. I am planning to attend the 6am class on Wednesday. I will share about that experience.

JCE

1 comment: