Sunday, January 24, 2010

Camper of the Week (Grant Park)

I am CAMPER OF THE WEEK!!!!! I did not expect to get camper of the week at all. I feel that being able to do FitWit was enough for me. I must admit that I was 99% not going to attend Friday. My grandmother(85 yrs old) was admitted into the hospital the night before with serious things going on. I was not feeling well and left work early. My co workers were telling me that I did not like I felt well and a few told me to take the night off and get in bed. I was torn with myself for a while and didn't know what to do. I saw my mother at the Dr office and she felt me and said that it felt like I had a fever. I went to CVS and got a thermometer and I did have a temp. I took some medicine and wondered how long it would take to clear my headache. I sat in my car and decided that I was going to head home. I received the email from Josh about camp news and I started sending him a msg to let him know that I was not going to be there. I tried to send the msg but I couldn't. I just kept thinking to myself, I am going to go home and get in the bed or I could make it 60 mins.......I decided that I would just get dress and make the best of it. I didn't go home to ready b/c I feared that I would not make it back out. I changed clothes at Wendy's and headed to camp. I know that Friday was going to be tough since we were running and I was just going to walk instead of even trying, but the more I thought about it the more I knew that I needed to be there. Josh asked me, Jo are you ready? I said NO! Can you run a lap? I said NO! .................but I was able to do the whole workout and only missed one 300 meter when Josh told me to sit that one out, but I DID IT!!! I was able to RUN!!.........Yes, I was tired at the end, Yes, I wanted to give up, but at the end I was able to do it!!........I realize that your mind is important on your outlook on life. If you are ALWAYS thinking that you can't do something then you will not be able to do it..............THINK POSITIVE to get POSITIVE RESULTS!!! No PAIN no GAIN!!!

I am excited about bringing a friend to camp with me and my cousin is considered joining FitWit. She will be there on Thursday!!! I am pushing and challenging her to join me on my journey.


JCE

1 comment:

  1. Never let the body tell the mind what to do.. The mind is a powerful tool in your fitness journey. Looking forward to meeting your friend on Thursday and seeing you tonight.
    bwaa

    ReplyDelete