Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bring on the Ice in Grant Park

Well, we are done with week 2 and my body is sore. Ice has become my best friend. I think that my body has been put into shock again.

On Thursday we did the Tour of Jackson High School. They set up shop in the gym and then we moved through the school for 40 minutes. We stopped in cafeteria for table dips and bench squats. We ran the stairs and did jumps against the wall. We moved upstairs hallway for running/slides and band work. We had partners and while one of us was running the never ending lap the other was doing band work. This was the part that I thought that they left me upstairs alone when I was jogging the never ending lap. I think that I turned about 8 corners and there was still more hallway to go down. I got nervous for a moment and thought that I was left up there alone. I did not realize that Jackson High was that BIG. It is certainly bigger than the high school I attended(Shiloh High School). I missed a few mins with the group because I was still jogging upstairs. We were almost done and Josh had us to hold up the wall. I thought that it was doing fine on its own, but I guess it needed the help of FitWit! We were in a squat position with out backs against the wall for 30 secs...I think and round 2 was for 45 seconds. If you read my blogs before then those seconds seems like a lifetime when your legs are burning. Thought we were done....think again....it was time for 50 jumping jacks(I think)......still not done....we finished it off with a lap. During this workout, I was able to meet another vet, Carla, and we had a few things in common. We both recently got sisterlocks and her knees were hurting. It was great to meet someone new and realized that you share a few things.........I think that she is a regular 9:30am campers. That is the GREAT part about FitWit is that you are able to bond with others and it feels like family. We ALL have one GOAL in COMMON...We want be healthy and part of being healthy is regular exercise. I want to live as long as GOD allows me and I need to make sure that I do things that I have control over to keep me here. I feel that if I continue to eat and not exercise then I am cutting days off of my life. My life is changed and I see the importance of doing what it takes to be healthy. It is sad that many activities that we do revolve around food. Parties, socials, meetings........we have have food at them. I am having a Home Interior decorating party and Scentsy(check out my website at www.sensualillusion.scentsy.us) at my house next week and the menu is a salad bar. I am going to make a BIG SALAD and allow my guest to pick and choose things that they want to add to their salad. I think that it is a new start and I must not compromise what I am doing for others to join me at my home. If I brought all those other things then at the end they would be left there....and I would end up eating them later.............It is a way for my friends to see the journey that I am taking and invite them to join me. I have several members at my church that have started working out and making better choices. We encourage each other on the new path that we are taking.

TGIF!!!!! Friday we were outside and is cold. I have started my warm up lap a few minutes before so that I can keep up with the group. I started my warm of lap and made it back by the time the class started. I jogged in place to keep warm until the group came back. Bwaa worked us around the track and then we started the Tabata. Working for 20 seconds and resting for 10 seconds for 8 rounds of pushups, situps, squats and runs. We had to record of lowest score. My highest number of push-ups was 3 and I fell on my face several times. For sits-ups was 4, and 5 for squats. My knee started to really bother me by the time that we got to the squats. Working for 20 seconds seems like a short period of time, but try it and it seems like an hour when your muscles are burning and you are doing all it takes to keep moving. Bwaa was motivating us as we increase the number of rounds. Trying to let is take our minds off the physical pain and focus on your goal. When I was doing those sit-ups, I was waking up muscles that I did not know that I even had. My pastor said in a message on Sunday that we all abs/6-packs, but some just have EXTRA covering.........LOL!!! Well, even though I am not able to see mine, I can sure tell you that they exist. We ended Friday with a game and my team (Team C) tied with Team B. I really like doing games and I have been thankful to have wonderful team mates. I feel that I am working my best so that I don't let my team down.

I can't believe that we are headed to week 3. A newbie asked me if I felt that the workouts were easier since this is my 2nd camp. NO, I feel that some exercises are easier, but overall I am still challenged each day. I can see the progress that I have made over the past 8 wks. In fact, I was able to do a burpee in slow motion on Friday. I have moved from doing push-ups on the wall to on my knees. I am going at a slower pace, but I am doing them. I feel that if it is easy then I am not working hard enough and should push a bit harder.

I am excited about week 3 and all the new things that we are doing.

JCE
"A man that falls down gets up faster than a man who lies down" -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment