Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ruth at Grant Park

Well, after the mile on Monday with those heel climbs....I thought that I was never going to get out of my car when I got home. I was HURTING from head to toe. Then on Tuesday we had the Ruth. Ruth made me think of my grandmother that lost the battle to cancer in 1998. RIP Granny. I just knew that she was going to be with me for the workout....and she was......PAIN and ALL. I was joking with another campers and staying that she was haunting me for all those times that I did not come to visit. The modified Ruth for me consisted of
For time:
100 lunge steps
40 push-ups w/overhead claps
200 single jumps
25 mountain climbers each leg
25 jumping jacks
20 wall balls
400m run

I was able to do one round at 37.36 . My knees started to hurt so bad that Trevor modified the wall balls to 10 instead of 20. THEY WERE ON FIRE!!!!! I only did 2 laps b/c of time.

That night was the first time that I wanted to give up. The lunges were getting harder and harder by second. I am now doing push ups the regular way and they are much harder than the ones on the wall. My shoulders were burning and shaking as I was pushing up. I was able to do 4 push-ups in a row. After doing about 20, it seems like my hands weighed a 100 pounds when I was lifting them up to clap. I try to stay focused when I am working out and not think too much, but this workout I did not have to think... I was feeling the PAIN! Sweat was dripping off me like someone poured a keg of water on me after a victory game. I got upset with myself and feel that at times I need to push a little bit harder and that I need this more than anything. I am still working on my motivation at home and my nights off. I have to make this work for me. I have a goal that I am trying to reach and I got to kick it into gear.

I was seeing my chiropractor on a weekly until last week. I can tell the difference. In fact, I called him and told him that I was going to see him starting back on next week. My body did not feel the way that it is feeling now. I had pain but not at this intense. I am somewhat ready for tonight (Thursday) my knee feels a bit better. I have been icing it when I get home and tried to rest it on yesterday. It did not bother me this morning when I went down the stairs. We will see what happens.

I bet that this will be one that we will do again to see if our time changed.....I thought that Victoria was rough until I meet Ruth....LOL!!

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment