Saturday, March 27, 2010

You think Jo is going to workout in the RAIN....

What happens when it rains at FitWit? If you want to know, then keep reading........First, let me share this......have you ever went for a day or so without Internet or your Blackberry/iPhone. Well that was me this week. I dropped my Blackberry and it is "bootleg" and my home Internet went out until Comcast came out on Friday to fix it. I am going to start and blogs twice a week on Wednesday and Saturdays....well back to my blog........The weather was GREAT last Saturday and I got dressed up to attend a party of a friend that is visually impaired. I volunteer with a group of visually impaired adults in the Decatur chapter of the National Federation for the Visually Impaired. I was there at the social and many of the companions were telling me how I was changing and looking GREAT...Well, it was a chance to give me a reason to talk about FitWit! I was telling them how I won this contest and it has changed my life and ALL the fun times that we have each night. I told them about my homegirls Victoria and Ruth......I said that were best friends and we all laughed.........they were saying that I reminded them of the Biggest Loser show and all the crazy things that they do. Someone asked me if we inside or outside and I explained that we were inside but moving toward outside only. We joked about working out in the rain.....I was like...Me and the Rain are not friends. I will stay inside and let him stay outside.....and we laugh. Needless to say, Monday it was snowing and raining! I had in my mind that I was going to have a night off even though I need camp from eating that cake...Oh gosh! I told my secret. Yes, Jo had a piece of cake that melted in my mouth and was the best cake that I had in a long time. Now, I am thinking about that moist white cake topped with smooth icing....OK...OK....let me focus...On Monday, I got to camp at my normal time(5:30pm) and it was cold and raining...I know that we were going to be inside or cancelled. I parked in front of the gym and was waiting and waiting....I was like...OK! it is COLD and RAINING.....I know that we were not going to be outside. Well, 2mins later, I see Josh flying in the parking lot(this is normal) and I waited a bit more. I was thinking that he was going to go get the others so that we could move inside and get started...WRONG!! After, waiting and talking to myself....I was saying Josh has got to be CRAZY if he thinks that I am going to workout in this weather...It is RAINING and plus it is COLD. I have no gloves or hat. I drove down and got out of the car and was thinking....well, I will be here for a few mins and then we will leave due to the weather. A few campers came and left. I was thinking that I should just join them and take my butt home. I was standing there with my jacket and freezing. I did not prepared b/c I knew that I was going to be inside. Rain+Cold=Inside! So, I go up to Josh and said..."It is Raining..... are still gonna workout in this weather?" He was busy unpacking the equipment that we needed for that night. YES JO!!!! "We are going to do this" He was EXCITED and HAPPY!! I was thinking......Josh has lost his mind and he is sleep deprived from the baby and can't make a rational decision.....What is the hell is he thinking....He was like Jo we are about to do this!....you got your Sisterlocks and your hair is not going to mess up.........Lindsay was SURPRISED that Josh knew about Sisterlocks. Did I stay?

I did! It was NOT Burger King and I didn't have it my way.... I was a bit upset and did not want to be there. As I jogged around the track, I was dodging water puddles, and trying to stay dry from water on the track. Ugh! My hands were freezing and hurting when I was trying to do pull-ups on the bars. The ground was wet and cold and my feet kept slipping. Each round, my hands were getting stiffer and they hurt to move them at all. By the time, I ended the workout, you would have thought that I got into a fight with mud and lost the battle. I was dirty. I had my mat, but I was still wet from doing pull-ups and push ups. When doing push ups, I even got some dirt on my face from not being able to hold myself up. I guess that it is not difference as to when you go to the spa and get a mud facial.....I was getting a facial for free...the FitWit mask.....LOL!!!

I must admit that I did have a bit of a negative attitude because I just did not want to work out in the RAIN!!!............Just one of those day........

As I was driving to camp on Tuesday, Diamond was in the car and we were talking about me having my meltdown and she was laughing. She still thinks that it is funny that her mommy was crying at camp. She drifted off to sleep and I had a few moments of meditation........I thought to myself and could have been talking to myself.........FitWit really WANTS to HELP ME! They are committed to helping others to get in shape or for them to stay in shape. I felt really bad that I as negative the night before and getting mad at someone that is trying to help me. Josh has a srtong level of commitment to me and it is his job to push me and make me do things that I would have never done before....I MUST say THANKS!!! I felt bad for getting mad and upset and someone who is helping me....at the end of the day.....he is Fit and in shape...I'm NOT!! but HE CARES!!. The trainers were in the rain just like me and they were still pushing us to reach our goals. They could have said were are going to cancel and then it would have given many of us chance to go home and climb on the couch and do nothing. I have changed my level of thinking about the rain......I tell myself that there is no difference than going to the pool or taking a shower. So, Jo have a new ATTITUDE about the rain and when rainy days come....just know that JO will be one of those campers out there until the end.

Josh, Thanks for your level of dedication that you have show to FitWit and I know you have a passion to help me and other to reach our fitness goal. FitWit has become my drug....and I gotta have it.!!!!! I owe you one! THANKS!!

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment