Monday, March 29, 2010

Hanging with Dr Ruth in Grant Park

Thursday was MY NIGHT!!!! It was time to hook up with Dr Ruth again. Prior to camp, I went back and read the modification were to "Ruth".
100 lunge steps
40 push-ups w/overhead claps
200 single jumps
25 mountain climbers each leg
25 jumping jacks
20 wall balls
400m run

It took me almost 38 mins to do this workout and I did not even finish a complete round. I did 10 out of 10 wallballs and 200m jog. I was determined that I was going to make it through one round and I DID! My goal was to do it in under 35 mins. The clock started and I started lunging across the field and not thinking about what I was going just counting. Then I moved to those burning push-ups and claps as my hands were getting heavier and heavier each round. Josh walked around and was pushing me HARD! IT WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!! Jump ropes.....no problem! When I started FitWit, I would not jump rope at all. I remember the days that Trevor taking out time to show me when we were are Dance 411. That is not the case now! I was able to do more than 20 jumps without stopping. Josh was there in my ear once again and pushing me...........Another campers, we encouraging me and told me that I was doing a GREAT! It seems like 200 jump ropes went in now time. My arms were a bit sore from the push ups but I was thinking that I just had to get finished and bet my 35 min goal. Then I moved on to wallballs. I was able to do 9 in a row with perfect form without stopping. I was on a roll and there was NO STOPPING ME! I finished up the last 11 so that I could move on to jogging. Since I only complete one lap last time, I thought that I was only doing one, but Josh wanted 2 yep 800 m. He got 2 laps and my finishing time was 32.08! DID YOU HEAR ME 32.08!!!!!!!!! I was about to cry when I heard that number. I couldn't believe that I cut more than 5 mins off. I was even able to start a 2nd round. I didn't count my lunges but I know that I did more than 30. When I got in my car, I called my mom and was crying from the joy that I was feeling. So, I can say that Dr. Ruth and I can be friend and I can hang with her anytime. I am proud of myself and will tell anyone that FitWit WORKS!!

At the beginning of the year, I could not do a fraction of the things that I am able to do now. Yes, it takes HARD WORK, but I am doing it. It is something that I have a passion to do and that I am EXCITED to do. I have my moments that I want to give up, but I'm not a failure. I have succeed in many things that others told me that I would not make it. I have worked hard to get where I am today. When others say that I couldn't do something it just makes me work harder. When I got pregnant with my daughter, many would say that I would not finish school and that I could not achieve my dreams. They would tell me how hard it would be and did not offer encouragement. My mother, Karen aka "Ammi" pushed me and would encourage me as well as listen to those tears when I wanted to give up. She helped me stay on track and made sure that I had the support that I needed. Just like FitWit is giving me on my fitness journey. Well, I am here to tell you that if you want something bad enough then you will work for it. I had many late night as a single mother, full time student and worker. I wanted to finished my degree and did what I had to do. Social life? What social life? My social life stopped for a bit, because I was focused on doing that I needed to do. Try balancing those 3 things.......I finished my BS in Criminal Justice with Honors and have a MBA. I didn't get these degrees because they were given to me. I WORKED HARD and made scarifies on things in my life. So, when it comes to fitness, I know that I can do it! When I look back and realize all the things that I have accomplished then it makes me PROUD to be ME!! I would not change me or my life for the world. Just remember that HARD WORK will pay off in the END!!!!!

There are many people are afraid to take the steps to get into shape and life a healthier lifestyle. Don't be afraid of what others say or think. Just set short term goals ans strive to reach each of them. Make times, others will not encourage you because they want you to stay just like them. Life if here for you to enjoy it and expiring new things Just remember that you have to start somewhere and if you are considering joining FitWit then know that you have the support of many campers and ME!

Thanks for reading my blog!!!

JCE

1 comment:

  1. You go Jo! You ARE making huge improvements and it shows! Keep it up.
    Amy O-6pm

    ReplyDelete