Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One LAP in the WIND at GRANT PARK!!!

I jogged my first lap tonight non stop!!!! I started off and made it to the 2oo meters and then I was thinking that I could push a little bit more then I was at the 300 and I was thinking that I made it this far....then I might as well take it to the END and I DID!!!! I jogged 400 meters and did not stop!!!!!!!!

I can check this goal off my list that I was able to accomplish and I will add another 100 meters to work on until the end of camp. I generally start jogging my warm up lap a few mins before the other campers. It allows me to set my pace and finish with the right before or along with the other campers.

If you are reading this blog and NOT apart of FitWit then I want you to know that you have to start someone........there are various levels of fitness and if you are scared to take the first step then you NEVER make it to the next level............Everyone has to start someone and I encourage you to join me on my journey or better yet.......start your own.......I have bad days and I have days that I crave things that I should have but I take one step at a time. For example, a co-worker brought in cookies to share. The more I passed by those cookies the more, I wanted them....they looked soft and chewy and I just wanted to take a bite. I had to realize.......should I eat just one..... they are not that big and one wont hurt........Thinking that one was not going to hurt got me to where I am today. I am working to change that and make better choices. I decided not to eat one.......if I was going to waste a cookie or two then I should waste it on some Girl Scout cookies.....LOL!!! My daughter sold GS cookies this year and the I was surrounded with cookies and I must say that I only ate 2 boxes in the course of a month or so and I shared those boxes with others.........I gave my EXTRA boxes to ________ and _______.......I am going to keep the secret and tell that I gave you "vitamins"....LMBO!!! This was a BIG step considering last year, I may eaten a box a day..............

I am GLAD to be apart of FitWit and it really is making a difference in my life........my daughter is still teasing me about me "mental cleansing" on Friday night....she can't believe that HER MOMMY had a meltdown....LOL!! I love my Moo-Moo(Diamond)!!! Hats off to her for being Student of the Week!!!! She is loving dance and enjoying each class....HATS off to Dance 411!!!

I plan to bring 3 friends with me to camp on Thursday. One is from my church, my Soror from the best Sorority that was founded, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. ZzzzzzzzPhi!!! SoooooSweet!!! and my boyfriend, Ian, that ditched me on the last bring a friend day. Diamond and my mother, Karen, will be walking around the track to get a peek of the WONDROUS time that I have at FitWit!!!


I will be posting more pictures soon, so make sure that you stay tuned.

The BEST is YET to COME!!!!

JCE

3 comments:

  1. J,

    Awesome post. I've been at camp for almost 2 years and for a long time I was the slowest at almost everything and the improvements just kept building. I've had a few meltdowns and I'm famous for flopping on the ground after a hard workout. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    Just read all of your blog posts (that's right, ALL of them) and wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed them and congratulations on all the progress!

    John S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my post/blog and glad that you are enjoying it. Josh joked the next week about my "mental cleansing" (meltdown). Honestly, I can say that it made me feel better and once I stopped, I was ready to go.

    John-Since you are current on my blogs, then read them more often and stay in tune with me.

    I am going to post some pictures at the end of camp.

    ReplyDelete