Friday, March 5, 2010

Decatur: End of Week 2.

Strangely enough, after a miserable start, Week 2 ended up on a pretty high note. Although, Monday's workout was tough, I managed to have a bit of a breakthrough. During our week break between camps, I sought out One Step At A Time. I finally got myself fitting for some real running/walking shoes. They felt so great, I decided to take a chance. I took off the ankle braces. And lo and behold... I could jump rope. Not easily, but I did it! And I could go fast!

So, I was psyched when our warm up on Tuesday was jump rope. I could do it! Finally! I almost got a double-under in there, too. I was on fire! No really, my legs... they were on fire! But I did it and no horrible shooting pain coming from my arch and heel going up my calf. It was the TKO workout, remixed. (No sprints this time. Thank goodness for small favors.) We kept score overall, and while I wasn't happy with my number, I was thrilled with my jump rope.

The week kept moving on and by Thursday, it was time for a new routine I have now dubbed, the jailhouse workout. You think I'm kidding, but I'm pretty sure I saw these moves back when Oz was still on HBO. The warm up was a bit of a shakeup, but it was fun. I even managed to get some mountain climbers in there without too much pain. Then onto the main workout, it was a beast.

30 - 25 – 20 – 15 – 10 – 5 reps of the following for time:
incline pushups – prisoner squats – rows

It looks so benign all typed out. Yeah, those pushups, squats and rows, those are 30 of them, followed by 25, followed by 20. Not of each, of ALL the exercises. I thought for sure my arms were going to collapse on the incline pushups. I was just envisioning landing straight on my face from the bench we were using and breaking my damn nose. I just knew it was going to happen. Surprisingly it didn't, but I did ask Michelle to stand on the other end to make sure I wasn't going to faceplant. It was one tough workout, but I made it to the end before time was called. (A rarity for me, really.) Managed to wrap the whole thing up: Anda 25:08. (Yay me!)

Friday brought out the fun workout day. I got to moonlight in the morning camp and had a great time. Stacy's always so enthusiastic in the morning, it's hard not to catch it. It was early in the day, so I decided I was going to take a chance on Friday. During the workout, I managed to not only do 100 jumping jacks, I did 50 mountain climbers and I didn't cry once! Or have to stop because of pain in my calves! For the first time in my FitWit history, I only had to have ONE SUB! One! (No squat jumps for me, yet, but I'm getting there!)

Even though I felt like I'd failed at FitWit after Monday's workout, I really felt as if I'd made some serious strides by the end of the week. I'd seen that FitWit could reduce my size in jeans, but I really feel as if I'm improving my overall fitness level with each week. Maybe setting that goal of jogging all the way through warm up by week 6 isn't so far off as I'd thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment