Monday, March 15, 2010

Melt down in week 3 in Grant Park.....

On Friday, I had my first melt down. I completed the "Sandwich" on Thursday and I was still sore. Friday was my day to do wall balls and push ups. I got there at my normal time and it was raining.......and Josh was in a GREAT mood and RAIN or SHINE we were having camp OUTSIDE. The rain stopped about 5 mins before camp started which was GREAT. Thank God for my Sisterlocks and I was not worried about my hair...LOL!! We started our warm up lap around the parking lot and warmed up as usual. Then to the wall ball and push up challenge. Josh explained what we were doing and said that it will be INTENSE, but just think it will be over in about 15 mins or so. He encouraged us to work hard and get it over with and then we would be finished for the day......I was thinking COOL!! This is what I need 20 mins of HARD work and then I'll call it a day. Since I am doing push ups on my knees, I had to do 40 each round. The first round of wall balls were a breeze compared to later rounds. The sweat started to flow down my face and when I started doing the push ups it seemed like someone dumped a bucket of water on me. Sweat was running into my eyes and I wiped it away and kept working on getting them done. My arms were shaking and burning as I went down and tried to push myself back up. I was able to do about 100 push ups on my knees and then the last 50 or so were on the wall. A few times I even landed on my face and thought that I was not going to be able to move another inch. I even saw a worm that was inches away from me and all I could do was look at it.....any other time I would have jumped up and got away from it. I must admit that I am a scary cat.........back to the push ups. I was on the next to last set of push ups and I was doing them on the wall. Josh was right there cheering me on and keeping me motivated................
All of a sudden, I burst out in tears........I started to cry and cry and cry......Josh was there to keep me going.....He told me about another camper who cried that morning.........I asked him if I could stop and he told me that I come to far and that I was almost done and I needed to hang in there.............as tears were running down my face, I started to continue to do my push ups...one by one....until I reached 40 then another 10 on the wall ball and back to my last 40 push ups....I was doing them in sets of 5 and it was HURTING!! Those seconds were everlasting. All of a sudden it started rain. I finished my exercise and then I went over and cried more........... I think that I was in competition with the weather.....I was having my own thunderstorm.......I just can't believe that I had a MELT DOWN!!! I had a date with one of my Sorority Sisters and I planned to have dessert, but after that melt down and hard work....I decided to pass.

FitWit has turned on the HEAT this camp. This camp has been different and my body is showing me signs that I did not get last camp. I have stopped focusing on the weight and measuring my success by other things. I am fitting into smaller size clothing and using a belt to hold certain pants up. I want to see a lost at the end, but I am focused on an image and not a number.

JCE

No comments:

Post a Comment